Breast revision surgery can be used to refresh the results of a previous breast augmentation, breast lift or breast reduction. It can correct a breast augmentation, breast lift or breast reduction complication, or improve undesirable results achieved by another surgeon. Marietta breast revision surgery can also increase or decrease the size of your existing breast implants.
Unfortunately, women do not always achieve the breast augmentation, breast lift or breast reduction results they desire. In these cases, the skill and experience of a knowledgeable Atlanta cosmetic surgeon is necessary for the unique demands of revision breast augmentation. Atlanta plastic surgeon Dr. Mark Crispin has many years of experience providing Atlanta revision breast augmentation procedures to women living in the Marietta and Atlanta areas of Georgia.
Breast Revision Surgery Atlanta
Breast revision surgery corrects a problematic breast augmentation, an unsatisfactory breast reduction or a breast lift to achieve the breast appearance you desire. The most common reasons for seeking breast revision include:
- Capsular contracture
- Breast implant displacement
- Bottoming out
- Volume revision
- Breast implant rupture
- Breast implants positioned too high
- Scar improvement
If you are dissatisfied with how your breasts look after your augmentation procedure, or if you are experiencing a breast implant complication, Dr. Mark Crispin tailors your Marietta breast revision surgery to your specific needs. The details of your revision procedure depend on the complications you are facing. The surgery may involve replacing the breast implants, re positioning the breast implants, and/or modifying your breast tissue.
Reasons to Seek Revision Breast Surgery
Breast revision surgery requires a surgeon’s skill, attention to detail, and personal attention to each patient. Improper breast implant placement, technical surgical details, and your tissue characteristics can lead to an undesirable breast appearance after augmentation.
You may be a candidate for breast revision if:
- Your saline implant has ruptured, resulting in a deflated breast appearance.
- A recent MRI indicates your silicone breast implant has ruptured.
- The scar tissue around the breast implant has tightened, resulting in a distorted breast shape, and possibly causing breast discomfort and firmness.
- You are unhappy with the size of your breasts and wish to increase or decrease the size of your breast implants.
- You received saline breast implants and would like to change them to silicone.
- Your breasts otherwise have an abnormal and undesirable appearance after breast augmentation, breast lift or breast reduction.
- Your breast surgery results have changed over time and need to be refreshed.
You should expect aesthetically pleasing, proportionate and symmetrical breasts after breast surgery. Atlanta revision breast augmentation, breast lift, and breast reduction procedures aim to correct unsatisfactory results.
If you are interested in learning more about breast revision surgery and live in Atlanta, Marietta or the surrounding Georgia areas, please contact Crispin Plastic Surgery to schedule an initial consultation about Atlanta breast surgery.