Schedule Your Free Consultation
Call us now at (404) 257-0064 or send us an email. We’d love to help you make the best informed decision about your body!
Liposuction, often referred to as “lipo” by patients, is a body contouring procedure that removes “stubborn” areas (spots) of body fat to produce a more proportionate, natural shape.
Liposuction consists of making small, discreet incisions, inserting a cannula — a small hollow tube — and removing the fat. The dislodged fat is then suctioned out. Every effort is made to hide the incisions in a natural skin crease or fold.
There are three surgical options: SmartLipo, ultrasound-assisted liposuction, or power-assisted liposuction (PAL).
Together, you and Dr. Crispin will decide on the best surgical option for your desired outcome. Well-informed patients are successful surgery patients. When discussing your options, it is important to understand what liposuction can and cannot achieve.
1) Liposuction is not a method of weight loss. The best surgical candidates are close to a healthy body weight and want to remove stubborn pockets of fat that remain unresponsive to diet and exercise.
2) It is an excellent treatment for removing unwanted body fat. Optimal results are achieved when your skin has good elasticity and can naturally conform to the new contours Dr. Crispin creates. An additional benefit is a short recovery period with visible, fast results.
Commonly treated areas are:
3) It will not treat excess, baggy skin. Skin that hangs off the body or in rolls requires additional treatment. Dr. Crispin may recommend pairing your liposuction procedure with a lift or tuck to successfully remove loose skin and tighten the underlying tissues. Combination procedures commonly include tummy tucks, breast reductions, breast lifts, neck lifts, and treatment for gynecomastia.
Dr. Crispin carefully considers the area of treatment, appearance of this area, and your specific goals to determine the amount necessary for fat removal.
Liposuction removes fat while a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) removes excess skin and fat as well as tightens the abdominal muscles when needed. Learn More.
Most patients experience swelling after their procedure. A compression garment is worn for 4 to 6 weeks to minimize swelling and promote healing. Strenuous exercise must be avoided for 4 weeks after your procedure.
Most patients will see approximately 90% of their results anywhere between 1 to 3 months after the procedure.
1) How big will my liposuction incisions be?
Incisions are tiny; approximately 2mm (think of the size of a pencil eraser).
2) Will liposuction remove my cellulite, skin dimpling, or stretch marks?
There may be some slight improvement, but the best way to control cellulite is through exercise and a healthy diet.
3) Will my fat grow back after liposuction?
The fat removed does not grow back. However, the remaining fat cells can increase with weight gain.
4) How permanent are my liposuction results?
Keeping your weight stable is key to maintaining your new slim, contoured shape. Any substantial weight gains or large fluctuations can permanently affect your liposuction results. Maintain a healthy diet and exercise regularly to ensure the longevity of your results.
Learn more about the benefits of liposuction by scheduling your complimentary appointment with Dr. Crispin. Call (404)-749-7700.
I can’t thank you enough for your kindness, patience and tolerance with me. Your comforting words and endless understanding has meant more to me than you will ever know. You didn’t just change my appearance, you touched my soul and changed my life. The talent you have combined with your gentle spirit and amazing crew makes you a triple threat! So grateful to have you all!